Ash Grove Academy
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic teaching assistant with a passion for providing positive learning experiences and outcomes for all pupils, particularly those with special educational needs. We are looking for somebody with experience and commitment to join our dedicated team, working closely with staff to deliver high impact interventions and support with learning.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Pattern: 31.25 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grade 4
We expect the successful candidate to:
- Be able to support successful learning through the primary phases.
- Be able to deliver targeted high quality interventions and support for pupils with SEND
- Support pupils learning in a range of contexts, including individual and small groups.
- Have excellent positive behaviour management skills.
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children.
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding.
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
- Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom.
In return you will receive:
- Excellent professional development
- The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues.
- A supportive and challenging environment.
- Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school.
Employees of Ash Grove Academy have a responsibility for, and must be committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Professional references should provide a strong level of support for relevant professional and personal knowledge, skills and abilities relating to the post.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call the school office to make an appointment.
Aspire Educational Trust application forms should be fully completed and legible. CV’s will not be accepted in place of completed forms. The letter of application should be clear and concise.
The Application forms, Job Description and Person Spec and further details can be found at the bottom of this page.
Closing Date Friday 20th September 2019. Shortlisting and Interviews w/c 23rd September 2019.
Mrs Lisa Finnegan at Ash Grove Academy,
Belgrave Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 7TF.
Telephone: 01625 383075