Welcome to Year 1! 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Year 1 and the Autumn Term
Our teaching team includes Miss Roberts (Class Teacher), Mrs. Rutter, and Ms. Kahn (Teaching Assistants) and Miss Dalton (Associate Teacher).
Our Autumn Term Bookshelves theme is ‘Heroes and Villains’ and we will be looking at different aspects of this theme in the high-quality books and poems we will be exploring. We are looking forward to the start of a new school year and sharing all the great learning experiences we have in store for your child. Keeping you, as parents / carers, informed is very important to us, so we would like to share some important information with you. Details of what we will be learning about this year are on our Curriculum Overview below.
- PE will be every Monday and Thursday, but please have your PE kit in school every day as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part. It is a great idea to make sure your child’s name is on all their school uniform and P.E. kit.
- Please read with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading.
- School reading books will be changed when they have practised reading them at home and are reading the book fluently.
- We will visit the Key Stage One Library every Monday, so your child may choose a different book to share at home if they have returned their library book.
- Please remember to have your reading books and Reading Record in your bag every day.
- Homework will be set on Teams on a Wednesday and is due in on the following Wednesday.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures!
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link below to see an overview of all of our learning for the coming year.