Welcome to Year 1! 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 1 and the Autumn Term
Our teaching team includes Mrs Avis (Class Teacher), Mrs Warrington (HLTA), Mrs. Rutter (Teaching Assistant) and Miss Daniels (Associate Teacher).
Our Autumn Term Bookshelves theme is "Heroes and Villains”, and we will be looking at different aspects of this theme through the high-quality books and poems we will be exploring.
We are looking forward to the Autumn Term and sharing all the great learning experiences we have in store for your child. Keeping you, as parents / carers, informed is very important to us, so we would like to share some important information with you. Details of what we will be learning about this term are on our Curriculum Overview.
- PE will be every Monday and Thursday, but please have your PE kit in school every day, as plans may change and it is crucial that all children can take part. It is a great idea to make sure your child’s name is on all their school uniform and P.E. kit.
- Please read your e- book with your child every day to develop their reading skills and nurture their love of reading
READING IS THE BEATING HEART OF OUR SCHOOL!
- School e -books will be changed when they have practised reading them at home and are reading the book fluently.
- We will visit the Key Stage One Library every Friday, so your child may choose a different book to share at home if they have returned their library book. In addition to this, they may take a Sharing book home each day if they have returned the Sharing book that they previously took home.
- These Sharing books are just that - to share and enjoy reading for pleasure!
- Each child will also get the opportunity to take our ‘Book Bear’ home for a week to snuggle up to and enjoy sharing a story with!
- Homework will be given each week.
If you have any questions or issues you would like to discuss, please feel free to talk to a member of the team at the beginning or end of the day. You may also contact us via my email.
There will be lots of exciting learning going on in Year 1 this term. Please follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with all our exciting adventures!
Email - email@example.com