Foundation 1 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Nursery!
We are so proud of how well the children have settled in to the routine of Nursery life. The children seem happy to join us at the beginning of each session and are beginning to make new friends.
Your child’s teachers this year will be Mrs Sherratt and Mrs Wolvin. Our teaching assistants are Mrs Tucker, Miss Middlebrook, Mrs Rushton and Mrs Webb. We also welcome Miss Rial Sanchez and Miss Havard to the team, who are our Nursery assistants.
Here is some information about our class:
- Uniform - the children look so smart in their uniforms. Please name all your child’s uniform, including shoes, as this helps us to return the items to the correct child if they get lost.
- Snack - the children will have a slice of toast each morning and we ask that you send in a £1 a week, or 20p a day, to help with the cost of this.
- Book bags - can children please bring in a school book bag each day? Your child can select a book from our lending library to take home and share with you.
- Wellington Boots - we will be making good use of our school grounds which can get muddy so it is a good idea to send your child in with a pair of wellington boots that they keep in school.
- Coats - we do try and get outside in all weathers so please send your child in with a coat each day (ideally waterproof), which again should be named.
- Star of the Week each Friday we have an assembly and a child in each class is chosen for a star award. This is not just for academic achievement but can be given for anything that the teacher sees as an achievement for that child, for example being resilient, being a good role model, being a good friend, putting on their coats by themselves etc.
- School Comms - Please ensure you have provided a correct email address as most correspondence from school will be sent our electronically. If a child splits their time between parents, please make sure we have an address for both.
- Applying for a Reception Class Place - Was your child was born between 1st September 2017 and 31st August 2018? If so, they will be starting in Reception in September 2022 and you need to apply for a school place. Please visit the website: www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/schools/admissions If you need any help with this, please ask a member of staff in Nursery.
- Collection of Children - Thank you for your support with the staggered drop off and collection times. Just to remind you, morning children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00 and collected between and 11.35 and 11.50. Afternoon children can be dropped off between 12.30 and 12.45 and collected between 15.15 and 15.30. Please collect your nursery aged child first if you have other children in school. It is important that children are collected on time as they can become distressed if they are left behind.
We are always here to listen, so if you would like a chat, we will be available at drop off and collection times. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 01625 919 610 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or email: Mrs Sherratt – email@example.com Mrs Wolvin – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to being partners in your child’s learning.
Mrs Sherratt, Mrs Wolvin & the Nursery Team