Foundation 1 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Nursery!
Your child’s teachers this year will be
Mrs Sherratt (Nursery Lead)
Mrs Tucker, Mrs Rushton, Mrs McKinlay, Mrs Morgan, Ms Norbury and Mrs Webb.
Here is some information about our class:
- Uniform - the children look so smart in their uniforms. Please label all of your child’s uniform with their name, including shoes, as this helps us to return the items to the correct child if they get lost.
- Snack - the children will have a warm snack such as a slice of toast, bagel, naan bread or crumpet each session, and we ask that you send in £1 per week, or 20p per day, to help with the cost of this.
- Book bags - can children please bring in a school book bag each day. Your child can select a book from our lending library to take home and share with you.
- Wellington Boots - we will be making good use of our school grounds, which can get quite muddy, so please send your child to school with a pair of Wellington boots each day. If they have a pair that they can keep in school, that would be even better.
- Coats - we do try and get outside in all weathers, so please send your child to school with a coat each day (ideally waterproof), which again should be named.
- Star of the Week - each Friday we have an assembly and a child from each class is chosen for a star award. This award can be given for anything that the teacher sees as an achievement for that child. For example, being resilient, being a good role model, being a good friend, putting on their coats by themselves.
- School Comms - Please ensure you have provided your most recent email address, as most correspondence from school will be sent out electronically. If a child's time is divided between parents, please make sure we have an address for both.
- Collection of Children - Thank you for your support with the staggered drop-off and collection times. Just to remind you, morning children can be dropped off between 8.45 and 9.00 and collected between and 11.35 and 11.50. Afternoon children can be dropped off between 12.30 and 12.45 and collected between 15.15 and 15.30. Please collect your Nursery-aged child first if you have other children in school. It is important that children are collected on time as they can become distressed.
We are always here to listen, so if you would like a chat, we will be available at drop off and collection times. Alternatively, you can contact us by phone on 01625 919 610 (leave a message and we will get back to you) or email: Mrs Sherratt – firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to being partners in your child’s learning.
Mrs Sherratt, Mrs Tucker and the Nursery Team
Applying for a Reception Class Place - If your child was born between 1st September 2019 and 31st August 2020, they will start reception class in September 2024.
You can apply for a place in Reception Class online using the link below.
You must apply before January 15th 2024.
If you need any help with this, please ask a member of staff in Nursery or ask at the front of school office.